The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner Review

July 12, 2015
Hello lovely people on the Internet!  It's me Jenny~



Have you ever purchased a product, because lot of people talked about it and swooned over it? Well, that happened a few weeks ago. I bought the 'Tea Tree Skin ClearingToner' from 'The Body Shop', which is from the very popular 'Tea Tree ' line.

I had my hopes high and I was so excited for this toner. But I ended up being unhappy about my recent purchase. 
Why?  Well, you will see that soon!

Description :
 "Tone your skin with a new "shake to activate" refreshing toner that removes traces of cleanser, make-up and impurities while leaving skin looking matte. Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain anti-bacterial properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming. Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness. Corn starch powder mattifies the skin."



Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat., Corn Starch Modified, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Allantoin, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Limonene, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, t-Butyl Alcohol, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Caramel, Yellow 5, Blue 1.



My Impression:

PRO)
- It removed all my excess sebum of my skin.
- It's not tested on animals! THUMBS UP!

CON)
- You'll smell a strong herbal alcohol scent. It's a VERY strong alchol scent and too much for my poor nose.

- It made me break out overnight!! This has never happened to my skin, even though I try out products like crazy and my dermatologist said that my skin is very strong and healthy. Most of the pimples popped out around my forehead, cheeks and nose. I don't even have a sensitive skin and I only tried this toner out once or twice! ._.

- Plus, it made my skin dry out. Mostly because this toner lists alcohol as the second ingredient. Alcohol in this amount is known to cause dryness, free-radical damage and irritation that can cause more oil production!

- Furthermore, it contains other problematic ingredients as well, which won't support your fight against acne and help blemish-prone skin.



Conclusion:
This toner was a total waste of money and such a disappointing product!
I don't get the hype over this product...It will only ruin your skin and cause more problematic skin.
I don't recommend this product to people with sensitive or normal skin. Maybe it will help, if you use a good moisturizer afterwards.



Jenny

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Jenny :) I've heard many good things about this product, but I'll probably skip on purchasing it. I feel like I have pretty thick yet sensitive skin (if that makes sense) and this toner sounds a little harsh for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)
      Yeah the toner is too harsh for a lot of skin types, but I don't know why a lot of people praise it so much o.o It's not an acne cure lol

      Delete
  2. Omg, it sounds like a disaster. Hoping your skin will get better! Guess I'm skipping out on this one, then!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah after stop using this toner my skin got normal again, but it still annoys me .-. I guess that this is a great choice!

      Delete
  3. Aww I'm so sorry for you! I tried their tea tree acne gel which didn't work out for me as well. I guess sometimes we don't need too strong products!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of getting the face wash of it, but it was a good decision that I hadn't purchase it! The whole line doesn't suit my skin o.o
      Yes I agree with you! Calmer products are more efficient c:

      Delete
  4. is that white stuff on the bottom the corn starch?! it's so unique?! ^^
    ughh this toner sounds useless! I hope your skin has recovered!!
    I reckon, if the smell is that strong, don't let it touch your face!!
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || Kara Cupid Inspired Makeup Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought that this was so cool, but the appearance blurred my mind haha
      My skin is back to its normal condition :)
      Thanks for your tip c: I will remember it!!

      Delete
  5. I've seen this everywhere and a lot of people use it as well. I don't like tea tree stuff because it's just too drying for my T-zone :(

    http://kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I use real tea tree oil from the pharmacy as my pimple remedy xD It works awesome! But this damn toner messed my skin up o.o

      Delete
  6. I'm actually a big fan of tea tree but not from the body shop line. and awh i feel so sorry for you :( such a waste >.< btw, thank you for your great and honest review ^^

    A C Y H O Z - blog

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same goes for me! I won't touch any products of this line anymore!! I want a refund lol
      No problem :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for making this review, I'm sure it will help heaps of people! Tea tree oil is known as an acne fighting ingredient so it sucks that it had an adverse effect on your skin. Hopefully this hasn't happened to more people.

    The shake to activate concept is kind of cool though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, tea tree oil doesn't irritate my skin, but this time it had such a bad effect on it T-T
      Well, after using I did a bit research about it as well. Some people got the same reactions like me...! Sounds so terrible!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the review Jenny~ everyones skin is different so it's a shame you couldn't enjoy the product like everyone else! I tried this years ago (i'm guessing its a new formula now) and to me it was kind of just normal, nothing wow-ed me haha!
    I hope your skin is doing fine now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin has gotten back to its normal condition, but there is still a pimple left T_T It's so hard to cover up! Well, I'm glad that you didn't have the same reaction like me...!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.